Hey what’s up, what’s up, what’s up??! Hope you are keeping calm through this crazy Coronavirus pandemic. Loco times but praying for good health! Speaking of which, given safety concerns, a lot of folks have been forced to working remotely. Even before Corona, I’ve worked remotely one day a week for the last six years and prior to that, I worked remotely five days a week for two years. So I’m kind of an expert when it comes to what to wear when working from home and I wanted to share some tips with you here. Watch the video above or read on.
What to wear when working from home
- Leggings are nice and comfy and you want to be comfortable when sitting for hours in front of a computer.
- Pair with a clean t-shirt.
- If it’s cold then layer with a sweater.
Joggers or Sweatpants
- Joggers or sweatpants are another great option.
- Joggers are one of my go-to options as they’re c and c: comfy AND cute lol
- Jeans are always a great go-to so yess to jeans!
- You can pair with anything, of course.
- Given you’re home, you can be casual but remember if you’re on a video call, you want to be casual yet professional.
- You can wear your pj’s all day, everyday, okaaay??lol
- You can also pair your pj bottoms with a tee.
- Since the upper body is usually what folks see on a video call, even for video calls, you should be fine with pj bottoms!
What to wear on top
- The sweatshirts of today are not necessarily the old super baggy ones of old.
- These days, there are so many cute options you can opt for.
- T-shirts are my fave go-to when working at home.
- My desk is set up in our basement and it gets cold so I always have a sweater to layer with.
- It’s super easy to layer when necessary.
- White tees are great. I’ve linked some decent ones below.
- Of course, graphic tees can work too but just be mindful if you are on video to ensure it’s an appropriate graphic tee lol
A Blouse [if you’re on a formal VIDEO call]
- If you are going to be on a formal video call or you happen to have a video interview, you can wear a nice blouse.
- Since your upper body is what will be seen on camera, you can wear whatever you want on the bottom, including pj bottoms!
A blouse and blazer or dress and blazer [if it’s a video interview]
- If you’re interviewing then suit up up top so you appear polished and professional, as you would if you were interviewing in person.
- Some people wear dresses for interviews. If you do, I’d still layer with a blazer.
Tips for video calls
- Be gentle with your makeup! Don’t overdo.
- Choose accessories wisely. Charm bracelets can be noisy and distracting so be mindful.
- Remember to sit upright and smile.
Other tips when working remotely
- Mute your line if you’re not speaking. No one wants to hear the coughing and breathing into the line lol
- If you have young kids like I do, keep them occupied. Of course, kids will be kids and that’s fine!
- Sitting is the new smoking so make sure you get up, stretch, walk around throughout the day.
- Don’t forget to eat! You can get sucked into calls and meetings but nourishing your body is very important.
These are crazy times and almost feels like a movie but try to remember that this too shall pass so be safe out there! And remember: experts say to wash our hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. So a good reminder for the little ones too, if you have kids. In fact, a good reminder from the World Health Organization: Do the five.
As usual, thanks so much for dropping by. Don’t miss another post, make sure you sign up here and you’ll get your free “how to look stylish in 30 minutes” e-series.
Missed the last post? No problem, I’ve got you! Check it out here.
Love this? Please share using buttons below on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.