Hello beauties. Fall is officially here!! Like it or not, feel it in the air or not, it’s here!! Today is the first day of fall and it’s my favorite season so I’m celebrating over here. Break out your fall gear…The boots/booties, sweaters, leather and denim jackets, you get the picture, right?? Now the bad news is that time flies so we’ve only got how many months left in sweet ’16?! Scary, right! The good news is WE’RE the pilots so we still have time to put those plans we laid out in January, into action! I started laying the foundation for starting my personal styling service. I haven’t done a whole lot to start promoting and actively working on it but I have between now and December so wish your girl luck and pray for me lol Plus if you need styling help or know someone who does, send them over here! It also includes shopping so if you know folks who struggle when they need to buy outfits for an occasion or event or jeans etc. again, send them over! Alright on to today’s post!
For today’s post, I’m rocking not one, not two but three of my favorite fall trends=a plaid dress, choker necklace and lace up block heels. Side note: If you’re reading this and you haven’t signed up for your free fall transition eguide then you need to get it! It shows three very easy ways to transition your wardrobe for fall. Plus! Will be posting a video on Youtube on October 1st with some easy fall looks for you to rock! Okay, read on for how to style a plaid dress for fall:
1) Wear the Plaid Dress Alone
- For starters, a sheath dress like this one would look great on ANY BODY TYPE
- Pair with a fun necklace like a choker or even a statement necklace for a bold look
- Cinch that waist with a nice belt
- Rock a pair of block heels: boots; pumps OR
- Opt for a pair of kitten heels or flats
2) Layer with a (Velvet) Blazer
- For this look, I paired a black velvet blazer with the plaid dress
- You don’t have to go with velvet if you’re not a fan of velvet:-) Any ole blazer will do!
- This is a great look for the office or even church
- Make sure you opt for a fitted blazer
- This creates a polished look that’ll take you from desk to dinner or drinks
3) Pair with a Leather Jacket
- For an edgy look, opt for a leather jacket
- This tones down the feminine feel of a fitted sheath dress
- This is a great date night look
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Thanks so much for stopping by! Would love to hear from you! Which of the three is your favorite look??
Check out this post for more plaid inspiration.
Hope you have a great weekend!! Make sure you check back on Saturday for the weekly fab finds under $50 post!
Dress: Asos.com; similar: JCpenney.com | Velvet Blazer: Old via Thelimited.com; similar: Yoox.com; Shoptiques.com | Leather Jacket: old via Nordstrom.com; similar: H&M.com; Nordstrom.com; Saksoff5th.com | Shoes: Got it on sale via 6pm.com; similar: Saksoff5th.com; Lulus.com for less than $30; Macys.com | Choker: sold out (and it was 2-in-a-pack for less than $20!) on Hautelook.com; similar: Nordstromrack.com; Forever21.com | Belt: sold out via Asos.com; similar: NYandcompany.com; Express.com
Recreate this Look: