Hello beauties. Are you awake?? Hope you had a great weekend! Was filled with lows + highs! Low=the passing of Prince, a legend + icon. High=Beyonce’s #Lemonade visual album. Even if you aren’t a Bey fan, check it out…I promise you, will be worth the time! Anyhoo, today’s post theme is yellow so it’s bound to wake you up lol! This is a special one as it’s my first time co-hosting a blogger link-up with other fashion bloggers! Read on for how to style yellow.
Today I’m co-hosting the Start the Week Stylish Link-up with Michelle of Michelle’s Paige and Ana Luiza of the Northwest Blonde blog. Check out their blogs and join the linkup below!
An Easy Styling Option:
- Get a yellow skirt or a printed skirt like the one I have on.
- Yellow pairs perfectly with colors like blue, pink, red, green and white.
- Pick a top in one of those colors. I chose a plain blue top.
- Add a belt to cinch the waist.
- Go bold with a bright statement necklace.
- Complete the look with a pair of pumps or sandals!
- Choose a complementary color.
- I show how the outfit looks with blue, yellow and pink shoes!
Photos by Oscarmerridaphotography.com
Other Ways to Wear It:
- Layer on like Michelle did (think jacket, blazer, sweater…)
- Opt for a cute dress like Ana’s
- Add it as a pop of color via accessories or shoes: see my recent post: “How to wear a dress over jeans” for another alternative.
Would love to hear from you! Are you a fan or foe of yellow and are you planning on rocking yellow this Spring/Summer?
As always, thanks for dropping by! Here’s to a fabulous new week! Don’t be a stranger, xoxo.
Outfit Details: Skirt: Old via Asos.com; similar: Shoptiques.com; Riverisland.com; Boohoo.com | Blue Top: Old; similar: Jcrewfactory.com; Thelimited.com ; Lastcall.com | Belt: old via Shoptiques.com; similar: Etsy.com; Modcloth.com; Pinkmascara.com | Yellow Shoes: DSW.com; similar: LordandTaylor.com (use code LTLOVE for 15% off); Amazon.com ; 6pm.com | Blue Shoes: old via ideel.com; similar: Amazon.com; DSW.com; also Amazon.com | Pink Shoes: old via Beyondtherack.com | Sunnies: sold out on ideel; same: Overstock.com | Necklace: sold out on Nordstromrack.com; similar: less than $15 on Happinessboutique.com
Start the Week Stylish Link-Up
Such a great look! I love your skirt! Thanks for co-hosting.
Thanks Amy!! Was fun/a pleasure co-hosting with Michelle + Ana Luiza today.
Gotta love Asos!
What a great guide! I can’t believe you have all three colors of heels to match the entire look – very nice! Such a fun combo. I’m stopping over via the Start the Week Stylish link up.
Thanks Kristy!! LOl Hubby will shake his head, I’m a shoe addict:-)
Loving the way you styled this fun look! The accessories & prints really make it fun!
Thanks Michelle!! All about fun fashion!
Love the options you’ve chosen for the yellow. It really pops and makes a statement. I have checked out Bey’s album but I will. Thanks for the info and Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/04/24/mothers-day-rings/
Thanks Rania!! Will definitely link up.
Thanks so much for co-hosting with us! You look amazing!
– Ana Luiza
Thanks Ana Luiza!! Really appreciate it! Was a pleasure!