Hello beauties! How goes it??! Happy Friday!! Hope you had a lovely week! It’s the weekend so we’ll celebrate! It’s a Valentine’s Weekend and if you have Monday off for President’s day, even better!! Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day?! I’m @ Disney World in Orlando with the fam…Girls are having a blast! Will post pics on the blog next week so be sure to check back! In the meantime, check out today’s post featuring how to style one top for day and night. If you want to go “semi-casual” for a Valentine’s date, check out the night look below.
Day Look: Pair Top with an A-line Skirt & Vest
- An easy go-to look for work is an A-line skirt and a tucked in blouse.
- A variation is tucking out the blouse over the skirt and belting.
- Yet another variation, shown below, for those cold days, is adding a sleeveless sweater over the shirt + skirt.
- I chose a gold belt and completed the look with a pair of blush and pewter heels.
Night Look: Pair Top with Distressed Jeans
- You don’t have to reserve that “blouse” or top just for work!
- For example, on a night out…Date night, drinks/dinner with the girls, you get the picture, take that top and simply pair it with a pair of distressed jeans.
- Think of it as feminine means edgy! Girly meets Sassy! And on and on…
- Mixing the feminine top with distressed jeans quickly takes a “formal” piece down a couple of notches and makes it less stuffy.
Photo Cred: Images by Comfesta
Would love to hear from you!! Are you a fan or foe of these looks?? Let me know by sounding off via comments below or at Facebook.com/2lookbooks.
Thanks for dropping by! Don’t be a stranger, xoxo and have a wonderful weekend! Outfit deets=below.
Outfit Details: Skirt: old via Asos.com; similar: also from Asos.com | Sleeveless Sweater: old; similar: Asos.com; Riverisland.com; Topshop.com | Blouse: sold out on Asos.com; similar: also Asos.com | Jeans: sold out on LordandTaylor.com; similar: LordandTaylor.com; Macys.com | Shoes: Asos.com; now less than $25!
Featured on this fab blog’s linkup:
The Fashion Canvas: here.
This Week’s #mywedlook/Whatcha Wearing Wednesday Winner is Facebook Fan @Mo E. repping our brethren up in Cold Canada:-)
I call it the “Eyes Wide Shut” look! Congrats @Mo! Looking forward to seeing next week’s outfit. If you’d like to participate next Wednesday, it’s sooo easy and is a fun way to get over hump day! Check out more details on #mywedlook/Whatcha Wearing Wednesday here.