Hey what’s up, what’s up, what’s up?! This week has been a crazy one, to say the least. What a way to start the year! when I saw what happened at the Capitol this past week, I was frustrated, disappointed, mad, and just really really sad. As a Black woman, I can only imagine what would have happened if I attempted to storm the Capitol. We all saw the way BLM protesters were treated last year, the overwhelming law enforcement presence at protests, the number of arrests, the reaction and uproar…
…Contrasted against the reaction of law enforcement to the DC riot on the 6th, my heart was extremely heavy. Why? Because it reminded me yet again of a fact most people of color especially Black people in this country know, which is that there are two America’s. Inequality is real and the rage displayed by the mob, based on their refusal to accept the results of an election that didn’t yield their desired outcome, was just awful to watch. I remain hopeful and pray that change comes some day. Le sigh.
On a lighter note, one of my favorite pieces is the cute faux wrap peplum sweater featured in today’s post.
The Faux Wrap Peplum Sweater
- The peplum sweater flatters most figures and I love that it can be dressed up or down.
- It comes in ten different colors with sizes ranging from S to XL.
- The sweater comes with its own belt but you can swap out it with other belts you have. That’s what I did here.
Shop this Post
Missed the Last Post?
- No worries! Check it out here.
- Also, get on the email list here, so you stay looped in and never miss any posts.
As always, thanks so much for dropping by, really appreciate you and your support. Don’t be a stranger! Have a lovely week ahead, stay safe and fabulous.