Hello beauties. So…You’ve got a baby bump, ey? Or you know someone who does:) Perfect, be sure to read on/share this post. By the way, this post is dedicated to my expectant friend: Amy!
If you’ve ever been pregnant, you know as your bump grows, it becomes somewhat challenging to feel and look your best given the changes you are experiencing! After all, you’re growing a real live little person in there. There comes a time when you stop wearing heels, in fact, I remember contemplating whether or not I needed shoes lol because my feet were unrecognizably swollen with my two pregnancies.
Discomfort etc. aside, being pregnant doesn’t have to mean tossing aside your style and waiting to be stylish again until the baby is a year old. And no, you don’t have to wait until you get back into your pre-pregnancy clothes. The beauty of the styles I highlighted in the tips is that depending on what size you choose, you can actually wear them again after your bundle of joy arrives.
Here are some quick hacks for maintaining your cute self while growing a little person:) Enjoy!
- Embrace the empire, dress, that is. Empire dresses are a good choice because they can be worn post-pregnancy if you choose an appropriate size/fitting. If you choose a knee-length or slightly above-the-knee style, you can wear it with jeans, leggings or tights when the weather gets cooler.
- Work a wrap dress like a pro. Wrap dresses are a must-have for women everywhere. In fact, every time we don one, we should all be thanking the lady who invented it, icon: Diane von Furstenberg:) But I digress. Wrap dresses are flattering and can take you to and through pregnancy and beyond.
- Be bold, try a bodycon dress. Even when I wasn’t pregnant, it took me a while to get used to the idea of wearing bodycon dresses. But once I gave them a try, I didn’t look back. With the right one, paired with some cute flat booties, you will look and feel like a sexy hot mama.
- Don’t be afraid to belt, above your baby bump. Granted, you won’t be able to fit a belt around your middle but that’s okay. Simply move the belt up below your chest area, above your bump and you’ll be good to go.
- Just say no to loud prints* + super bright colors. Yeah, prints are great but not loud prints:) You see the example above: a huge no-no. Stick to subtle prints, way more flattering.
- Opt for cute n’ comfy shoes. Just because you can’t wear heels doesn’t mean you have to lose your mojo. There are lots of great options out there that don’t scream “grannyville.” Try ballet flats with embellishments, slides or gladiator sandals during the summer. In the fall, ballet flats would still work and for cooler weather, opt for low-heeled boots.
- Last but not least, be comfortable and be YOU, beautiful!
Would love to hear from you! Even if it’s been a while since you were preggers:) What did you hate or like the most about your pregnancy? Outfit details below. Thanks for dropping by! Don’t be a stranger, xoxo.
Sweater dress @ top: Nordstrom | Empire dress: Amazon | Wrap dress: Asos.com | Bodycon dress: Asos.com | Belted Shirtdress: Motherhood | Booties: Footnotesonline.com