Want to instantly transform your outfit without breaking the bank or doing too much? Belting is the answer! Belting is a simple but powerful way to transform your entire look. Here’s how to belt an outfit like a pro. Whether you’re looking to accentuate your waist, add a touch of style to a loose-fitting dress, or just remix an existing outfit, the right belt can make all the difference.
@tokestakeonstyle How to style a wrap belt. This dress is from @Macy’s and it’s $24.01 with code FRIEND until 10/31✅ #foryou #fyp #belting #belted #howtobelt #over40andfabulous #tipstok ♬ TALK THAT TALK – Jay.Soul x Justo The MC
Pick the Right Belt
Consider versatility, your body type, color of the belt and the types of outfits you’re going to wear it with.
- Width: Wide belts are great for cinching in the waist and making a statement, while skinny belts are subtle and great for adding a finishing touch to your look.
- Material: Leather, fabric, and metallic belts each create a different look and feel. Leather belts are timeless while fabric belts can be more casual.
- Color: Your belt should match or contrast with your outfit. A matching belt can create a cohesive look, while a contrasting belt can add an element of surprise.
- Buckle: The buckle design can be a focal point. A simple and understated buckle is versatile, while a decorative buckle can add flair to your outfit.
Think about the Belt Placement
Where should your belt be placed?
- High-Waisted: Create an hourglass shape by wearing a belt at your natural waist. This is flattering for dresses, blouses and high-waisted pants.
- Low-Waisted: For a relaxed, bohemian look, wear your belt on your hips. This is a great option for maxi dresses, tunics or low-rise jeans.
- Under the Bust: This is perfect for empire-waist dresses and can give the illusion of a higher bust-line.
Experiment with Knots and Ties
Try creative knots and ties for a unique twist to your outfit:
- The Bow: Create a bow with a long fabric belt for a feminine touch.
- The Half-Tuck: Leave one end of your belt handing to the side for a relaxed, effortless look.
- Double wrap: Wrap your belt around twice to create a layered effect, particularly with skinny belts.
- The Obi Belt: Fold a wide belt in half and wrap it around your waist, then tie it in the front for an Asian-inspired look.
Consider the rest of your outfit. What accessories are you planning on wearing? Coordinate your shoes, bag, jewelry so they complement your belt color and style. Everything together with your belt can create a stunning outfit.
Belting an outfit is a versatile styling option that allows you to showcase your personal style and enhance your overall look. By choosing the right belt, paying attention to placement, and experimenting with creative knots and ties, you can amp up your style game! Don’t forget to coordinate your accessories for a polished and well-put-together look. Sounds to me like you’re ready to belt like a pro!
Some Fab Belts
Pin for Later
Don’t be a Stranger
Thanks so much for dropping by my little corner of the web! Want even more belting tips? Check out this post here. I hope this post gives you some fun Fall outfit ideas to try! Don’t be a stranger: Are you signed up to get alerts when I have a new post?! Get on the list here so you never miss a post! Mwuah!