Cargo pants are a utility staple that you can’t go wrong with! They are having a major moment as they showed up on a lot of runway shows. I love that they are super versatile and can be dressed up or down. Here are a few tips on how to easily style cargo pants:
Dress them up with a blazer or button-down shirt
- Wear to work by pairing with a button-down shirt.
- You can also layer with a blazer and pair with heels.
Dress them down with a t-shirt or tank.
- For a more casual vibe, pair with a t-shirt or tank top.
- Wear with ballet flats, sneakers or sandals.
Get a pair in traditional colors for more wear
- You’ll get more wear out of a pair in more traditional colors like Black, Khaki or Olive since you have more pairing options.
Layer with jackets
- For cool Spring or Fall days, layer with a leather, denim or moto jacket.
Opt for non-traditional colors
- Your standard cargo pants tend to come in Khaki, Olive or Black. That’s great but don’t be afraid to switch things up by opting for other colors like Blue, Burnt Orange, Red or even White or Mustard.
Get embellished silhouettes
- Cargo pants don’t have to be the typical wide leg bottoms.
- You can get embellished options like paperbag waist or buckled cuff options.
Pair with shoes that fit the occasion
- The options are endless when it comes to the shoes you pair with your cargo pants!
- It’s all about where you’re wearing your cargo pants to: lunch; brunch; running errands…Getting on a plane? Or Wearing to work…Wear shoes that fit the situation.
- You can pair with everything from sneakers to ballet flats, pumps, sandals, wedges, boots, flip flops, sneakers, kitten heels or even crocs!
- Create some definition by going with a belted cargo look. This creates some definition.
Wear with a Fitted Top
- Cargo pants can be baggy on the bottom so pairing with a fitted top even if you knot a t-shirt or tank for more definition, balances out the top and bottom and creates a less loose/sloppy look.
Roll up or Fold up your Cargo Pant Legs
- Don’t be afraid to roll up the cuffs of your cargo pants! This looks great with sneakers or flats and is a cute casual vibe.
- You can also push up the bottom of your pants so you show more of your ankles. This especially looks cute with heels or kitten heels.
Shop for Cargo Pants
Pin for Later
As always, thanks so much for dropping by! I hope this was helpful and you’ll go forth and slay your cargo pants style confidently! Don’t be a stranger and be sure to check out other posts here. Are you a fan of cargo pants? Let me know in the comments.