Hey what’s up, what’s up, what’s up?! One of my absolute weaknesses is a bowl of creamy, cheesy Mac n’ Cheese. Here’s an easy Macaroni and Cheese recipe you can try at home! Let me know what you think when you do! Would love to hear from you. This is a great dish for not just the holidays but pretty much any time you need some good ole comfort food. It also makes a good side dish too. You can heap a few spoons in a mini bowl and serve with some salad or seafood, steak or any other main dish.
- 1 [16-ounce] box of elbow macaroni, shells, or penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese [you can use extra-sharp, Asiago or Parmesan]
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs [ I used panko]
How to Cook this Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water & drain
- Spray a baking dish with cooking oil spray to grease it and add the macaroni.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or pan, over low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until creamy as you slowly add 1 cup of the milk.
- Whisk slowly until blended and add the rest of the milk.
- Increase the heat, whisk slowly as the cheese sauce thickens.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the rest of the cheese, salt, garlic and whisk.
- When cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the heat and pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni in the baking dish.
5. Top with more cheese and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 15 -20 minutes. If you want a brown top, change oven setting to broil and broil for 1 minute. Remove, cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Pin for Later
See how easy it is? I hope you do try out this easy Macaroni and Cheese recipe and let me know what you think.
Never Miss a Post
Like what you see here? Never miss a post, get on the email list here, and stay looped in so you know whenever there’s a new post. so you stay looped in and never miss any posts.
Don’t be a Stranger
Thanks so much for dropping by, really appreciate you and your support. Always like hearing from you so feel free to sound off in the comments. Let me know what stores or sites you like. Are you shopping the Cyber week sales? Stay safe and fabulous out there.