Hey what’s up, what’s up, what’s up? How goes it?! Date night at home doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, here are some simple date night at home ideas for you to try out.
1. Have a Movie Night In
- Get the popcorn, however you like it, agree on your movie selection and make it a movie night in.
- No dress up required for this one, too! If you want to just chill in your tee and sweats or pajamas, go for it!
- There are sooo many streaming services now so you can Netflix and chill or even check out Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, AppleTV+ and so on. Have you seen Bridgerton? Please say yes! But if it’s a no, put that on your Netflix queue asap.
- If you have Hulu or cable, those are also good sources, of course. Cable providers like Xfinity will have specials sometimes where you get free access to premium channels/on demand movies.
2. Order Takeout or Delivery and Enjoy a Nice Meal at Home
- Give yourselves a night off from your own cooking and order take out or delivery from one of your favorite restaurants.
- You can also try out a new spot or try a different cuisine from your usual. Mix things up a little!
- Speaking of mixing things up, if you don’t want to be formal, you don’t have to be! You can set up a picnic indoors or light a bunch of candles around the house to create a nice warm ambiance.
3. Make it a Game Night
- Who doesn’t love a fun game?!
- Have you guys whipped out your board or tabletop games lately and just had mindless fun playing games while sipping wine?
- It’s a good time to do that, just the two of you!
4. Cook an Easy Dish Together
- If one of you isn’t really a chef-in-the-making…In fact, if neither of you is a future chef lol don’t worry!
- Find an easy recipe, I mean really easy…think a shredded cabbage and carrot salad over rice [boil in a bag] with some protein or other…and you’re golden.
- Bottomline is doing this together provides some one-on-one time while you’re both working together, as partners to get that meal made!
- I love skinnytaste.com and even good ole foodnetwork.com, and purewow.
5. Make it Karaoke Night
- If you don’t have a karaoke machine, no worries! You can literally just select a playlist with your favorite old school and new jams and go to town belting out the tunes together.
- Take turns serenading each other or make it a duet or two or three!
6. Throw on your Pajamas and Eat Breakfast for Dinner [in Bed]
- Throw on your pjs or robes and get into that “we’re at a hotel for a mini-getaway” mindset.
- Flip things around and maybe do breakfast for dinner, in bed. Think pancakes or waffles, an omelet, tea, coffee, fruit bowl, or if you’d rather stick to a traditional dinner, that works too.
- Bottomline is get cozy in your robes and channel that “away from home” feeling.
7. Get Dressed up and Go Dancing at Home
- Getting dressed up is optional. But throw on some jams and get that cardio on with a dance party, just the two of you.
- Whether you use Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon music or Pandora, get your playlist going and have a fun time cutting up a rug.
Here are some very simple date night at home ideas:
- Have a movie night in
- Order takeout or delivery and enjoy a nice meal at home
- Make it a game night
- Cook an easy dish together
- Make it karaoke night
- Throw on your pajamas and eat breakfast for dinner [in bed]
- Go dancing at home
Missed the Last Post?
- No worries! Check it out here.
- Also, get on the email list here, so you stay looped in and never miss any posts.
Thanks so much for dropping by, really appreciate you and your support. Don’t be a stranger! Stay safe and fabulous out there.