Hey what’s up, what’s up, what’s up?! Hope you’re doing great! I know what you’re thinking. Gold and silver party decoration ideas?? Yes, girl, yes. So my daughter Dara celebrated her 10th birthday recently and while not the birthday she imagined, we made the best of it. She had a blast and enjoyed time with some cousins and neighborhood pals. I got quite a number of comments on the decorations, and I promised to recap it all here on the blog. So here we go! Here are my gold and silver party decoration ideas.
- Confetti balloons are just so pretty!
- I got a set from Amazon with a mix of gold, silver and rose gold confetti.
- They also lasted beyond a week so would say they more than passed the test.
- Be warned! If you accidentally pop the balloons, you’ll have a confetti mess on your hands lol
- This little inflator from Amazon was a life saver! Had to pump well over 60 balloons and this inflator made all the difference.
- I’ve always admired fancy balloon arches at weddings and parties and wondered how much work went into creating one.
- Found out by buying one on Amazon and putting it to use.
- Let me tell you how even without instructions, was able to figure it out! And that’s saying a lot lol
- So if I could, you can too!
- The key is attaching the grips on either side/end of the table so the arch is created. I’ve linked the one I got below.
- I then arranged the confetti balloons and some of the plain colored balloons around the arch. Came out so pretty. You can get it here.
10th Birthday Decorations for Girls
- I wanted to get a cute backdrop and fun photo props so opted for this kit from Amazon that came with:
- a Helium Balloon Happy Birthday Banner
- 23 beautiful Photo Props
- Giant No. 10 Foil Balloons [helium]
- Perfect gold glittering
- 6 Rose Gold Confetti Balloons
- 12 Pearl White Balloons
- 12 Pear Rose Gold
- 1 Glittering Silver double sided No. 10 Cake Topper
- 1 Silver Foil Fringe Curtain [you peel and stick so very easy to put up and take down when you’re done]
Flameless Candles, Candle Stands, Apothecary Jars
- Got this set of 3 flameless candles that are so pretty and great to perk up your cake or desserts table.
- They also come with a remote control.
- Got the flameless candles from Amazon, the candle holders and apothecary jars from Wayfair.
Mini Ice Cream Scoops
- I wanted mini scoops for the kids to scoop up the gumballs and gummies without touching them.
- These scoops came in handy. There were a dozen in the pack. Get them here.
- I tackled the helium balloons last and in this Covid environment, I wasn’t in the mood or willing to take the balloons to Party City or somewhere else to have them blown up.
- I picked up a tank from Walmart and got to work.
- The tank was very easy to use so I got the job done in no time.
- Get it here.
Pink and Gold Biodegradable Straws and Rose Gold Foil Dot Dinnerware
- The girls love the pink and gold straws and still use them now. Get the straws here.
- I got a pack of 50 plates and cups that comes with 50 dinner plates [9” round], 50 dessert plates [7″ round] and 50 paper cups in a metallic shiny rose gold dot design. Get them here.
Paper Table Confetti Dots
- These tissue paper table dots were another fun touch. They came in white, ivory and champagne. Get them here.
Rose Gold Sequin Tablecloth
- I got this rose gold sequin tablecloth from Amazon.
- Note that it’s a bit see-through so if you want it to be more opaque, I’d suggest you layer.
- I didn’t care so it worked out fine for me.
- It measures 60″ x 120″ | Get it here.
Champagne Gold Candles
- My daughter wanted Unicorn cupcakes instead of a cake so got fun and tall gold candles so I could arrange 10 of them on cupcakes. They came in a pack of 24. Get them here.
Glimmer Pink Gumballs, Gold mints and Pink Gummi Bears
- You can’t have a cupcake table with candy treats, right?!
- Didn’t want to overdo it so went with gumballs, gummies and gold-wrapped buttermints. All from Amazon.
Gold Dot and Stripes Party Favor Bags
- We got these cute goody bags to put little treats for the kids.
- In keeping with the gold and silver theme, got gold dot and stripe bags. They came in a pack of 100 so had more than enough and will use them again during Christmas. Get them here.
Unicorn T-Shirts for Girls, Mom and Dad
- Since Unicorns were part of the theme, ordered some cute t-shirts for the girls: one for the birthday girl, a sister of the birthday girl shirt for her sis, a mamacorn shirt for myself and a Deadpool on a Unicorn t-shirt for my husband. Got them all on Amazon.
- The girls opted for tulle skirts and wanted me to match lol so I paired mine with a fun tulle skirt.
Shop this Post
Hope this was helpful to you! I had a great time planning Dara’s 10th birthday and I know she had a wonderful time so I’m happy. Wasn’t quite the 10th birthday she hoped for but in this current environment, we all did the best we could. If you have any questions or comments, please use the comments section below.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don’t be a stranger. Missed the last post? Check it out here.