Hello beauties, hope you’re doing great. It’s been a while since you’ve heard from me on the blog. If you follow me on social media, you’ll know it’s because I lost my dad in March.
There are no words to even begin to express my feelings. I’m taking it one day at a time and I won’t lie, this has been a tough time for me. It’s difficult to process, it’s hard to come to terms with it but I believe God said it was time and He knows best. Do kindly keep me in your prayers and thoughts.
That being said, with everything going on, didn’t get a chance to post the video from my last TV stint. I was blessed to be on TV again where I shared wearable spring style trends you need to know about. Scroll below to catch the video and a quick rundown of top Spring and Summer style trends plus tips AND shoppable links in case you want to get some of these looks.
Check out some behind-the-scenes shots below as well!
Huge thanks to Katwalk Boutique in Baltimore for providing the lovely pieces. They’re embarking on a multi-city tour so check out their instagram at instagram.com/katwalkboutique as they may be coming to your city!
Watch me on WBFF, Fox 45 Baltimore Morning News Chatting about Spring 2019 Trends
The Top 5 Spring and Summer Style Trends you Need to Know about
1. Animal Print & Mixed Prints
- To me, animal prints should be a year-round staple but seems like this year, they really showed up in a major way across the Spring runways.
- You’ll see all types of animal prints but snake print, in particular, continues to have a moment.
- Mixed prints and patterns are also a trend. THE easiest way to mix prints or patterns is finding two prints with one consistent color that’s common to both. That is literally THE easiest approach to mixing prints without looking cray. For more, check out this post here.
2. Neon/Bright Pops of Color
- Neon, bold and bright colors are in for Spring and there are sooo many vibrant colors to try!
- You’ve got variations of pink so hot pink and fuchsia are options, as well as shades of yellow and green including lime green.
Other Spring and Summer Style Trends
- One cold shoulder
- Polka dots
- Bright orange
- Hot magenta
- Animal prints like Snake & Zebra
- Ruffled blouses
- Patterned suits
- Lavender & pastels
- Golden [yellow]
- Color blocking
- Pale blue
Shop these Trends:
What do YOU think?
Would love to hear from you. Let me know which of these trends is most appealing to you. I personally like trends that are timeless…Animal prints will ALWAYS be in style, for example. So if you invest in basic snake print pumps or a button down, it will last for years and years.
Check out another post about animal prints here.
As always, thanks so much for dropping by. I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead.