Hello beauties! So how’d you do with the Christmas shopping?? All done? Anyway, if you’re going from the office to a holiday party, you still have to show up at work looking professional. Now that doesn’t mean you can’t step it up a notch, you can! The goal should be to elevate your everyday look by infusing some festive flair. How? THE easiest way is to take your existing work pieces and elevate with embellishments and accessories. Check out these great day to night holiday party outfits and tips for inspo. Scroll for shoppable links.
Day to Night Holiday Party Outfits and Tips
This post was featured as a segment on a local morning news show in Baltimore. Catch me doing the live segment here:
Pops of Color
- Red shoes or accessories can instantly glam up your everyday work look for a holiday party
- A red dress is always a classic
- A red top or sweater are also festive pieces you can rock
- Don’t shy away from another holiday color: green or even blue
- A pair of green shoes, jeweled details, or a green sweater/sweater dress, are all great options
Shop Pops of Color
Metallics & Sequins:
- Sequins, sparkle and shine are synonymous with the holidays so don’t be afraid to incorporate into your everyday looks
- Play around with shades of gold, bronze, copper, pewter and silver or even multi-colored sequins
- The key is to balance with other colors so you’re not overdoing it
- You can pair with darker tones like black and navy or rich tones like shades of red, emerald green, purple
- Opt for more dramatic details. Think ruffles, bell sleeves, fringe/feathers, tuxedo pants, lace, mixed fabric jackets (leather & suede), fabrics of the season like velvet or prints like animal prints.
- Instead of a classic white button down shirt, for example, you could opt for a ruffled white top or one with statement sleeves.
Shop Statement Pieces
Amp up theTraditional
- Don’t shy away from more traditional pairings like black and white but be creative!
- Opt for a combo top that has both colors then pair with pops of color like a red or blue skirt or even pants😉 Or you can still stick with black pants but opt for fun shoes like a pop of color or prints.
- If you do a suit or a jacket, belt for a structured look and pair with fun shoes.
- You can also play around with fun jackets: think leather, velvet or embroidered.
- What’s great about jackets is you can always lose themas the night progresses, if need be.
- A blazer dress is also a fun take on the blazer look.
Shop Black and White
A Cute Dress
- Cute dresses like a sheath dress are a girl’s best friend!
- Pair with embellished heels for an instantly-elevated that’ll take you easily from day to night
- If you’re feeling really adventurous, throw on a belt
Shop Cute Dresses
- Say yes to sparkly earrings, statement necklaces, and cocktail rings
- Don’t be afraid to double up: bunch multiple brooches on your top, sweater or dress for some extra sparkle
As always, thanks so much for dropping by. Stay fabulous out there! If you’re still finalizing your Christmas shopping, good luck! 🙂