Hello beauties!! Long time no hear from, right?? I’m baaack and glad to be! It’s been loco settling into the new house and getting adjusted to the new hood. The girls are getting used to life in their new neck of the woods. Pray that things continue to fall into place! Will share some pics of the house soon so stay tuned. Also! If you’re not following me on Instagram (instagram.com/tokestakeonstyle), make sure you do as I will be sharing some Instastories as well. Your girl almost threw in the blogging towel, y’all. When you take time away from something, it’s easy to get sucked into “life” and the longer you’re gone, the more you start to question whether you want to go back. I hit that point and I had to remind myself of the “why.”
I started blogging because of my love for styling and the belief that I can share my gift with busy, professional women who lack the time and quite frankly, the interest, to pull outfits together. That’s pretty much my “why.” So that being said, I’m back and ready to do this so let’s go! If you feel like quitting “something” as well, please remember why and encourage yourself to push through! You’re good enough, you’re capable, and you’re amazing! Please remind yourself daily!! Affirmations are everything!! Alright! Back to bidness! Leather is a go-to for those cool Fall and Winter months. Some folks feel like leather is a no-no in a professional work setting but I’m hear to bust that myth with the quickness!
My Quick Leather Outfit Rules for the Office:
- Leather pants are a no-no UNLESS it’s on a Friday and you pair them with a long/oversized sweater or top
- Leather skirts are always a yes! (watch the length though, will ya:)
- Leather blazers or jackets are fine but opt for nice tailored/fitted styles for a polished look
- ALWAYS soften a leather look by pairing with feminine details. For example, a ruffle blouse will take the edge off a leather outfit
- I’d recommend staying away from a leather dress in a professional work environment unless you work in an industry like entertainment, media or fashion, of course!
How to Rock Leather to Work:
- Pair with heels: think cute pumps and “all the glorious” boots lol
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!
- Cinch that waist with a belt
How to Rock Leather for Play:
- Jeans are a girl’s best friend but during the cold months, every now and then, try swapping out your jeans for a pair of leather pants!
- Leather pants are sexy and are a great alternative. So give those jeans a much-needed break, okay?! lol
- Simply pair with pumps or just about any boot style (flat, over the knee, booties, ankle boots…you can’t go wrong!)
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Shop these Looks:
So tell me, do you wear leather to work or are you more of a leather-is-for-play kind of girl?? Sound off below and let me know how you rock your leather outfits!
As always, thanks so much for dropping by!! Don’t be a stranger and be sure to check in on Saturday when I will have my Thanksgiving outfit ideas post! And after that, I’ll have must-shop Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales so lots of good stuff coming your way!!
Enjoy the rest of your week!