Hello beauties. Happy Friday eve!! Hope you’ve had a great week! I’m excited it’s almost Friday lol so you can guess how my week’s been:-) Now, not sure if you’re into shorts or not. I went through a phase of into shorts then not into shorts lol I’m back on the shorts bandwagon. You know what did it?? LOL Beyonce in the Crazy in Love video! Yes ma’am. Did you see Bey strutting in those shorts with her red pumps?? LOL Okay!! Nuff said.
While I’m not Bey lol and you won’t catch me strutting down those DC or Bmore streets in my short shorts lol I especially like shorts because in the summertime, they’re a staple that can be dressed up or down. Of course, it depends on what look you’re going for and more importantly, the occasion. The look that I’m featuring today is showing a very effortless way to dress up shorts. It will do for a dinner out with friends, brunch or date night. Also! Tokes Take on Style is 2 y’all!! Woo hoo!! Thanks so much for riding and supporting me!! I’m celebrating with a giveaway! Scroll below to enter for a chance to win a $100 Macy’s e-giftcard.
Rock a Pair of Heels: Pumps, Sandals or Platforms
- Heels always elevate an outfit
- So choose a pair of heeled sandals like the lace up pair I opted for in this post
- You can’t go wrong with pumps or platforms
Opt for Statement Jewelry or Simple Statements
- Accessories are a great exclamation point on your outfit
- Wearing a bold necklace will do wonders for a shorts ensemble
- Even if worn with a plain tee or tank top
- Also don’t shy away from big earrings
- A delicate necklace works too. So do layered necklaces!
Rock a Belt
- A belted look is my go-to for polishing up my look
- Belt your top for a feminine feel
Don’t Overthink your Top
- Sometimes less is more so the top doesn’t have to be too busy!
- I give specific details in the tips sheet but for example, curvy ladies: we can’t wear baggy blouses (unless you belt, of course!) because it adds even more volume to your frame
- Believe it or not, you can still dress up shorts with a plain tee. Yes you can!
Accessorize with Bold Sunnies and a Cute Bag
- Say yes to killer sunglasses like the mirrored pair I’m rocking in today’s post
- Choose a bag that is visually interesting: an oversized clutch; a box bag; a printed bag; a pop of color…You get the gist!
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Thanks so much for dropping by!! Don’t be a stranger and have a fab weekend!! You deserve it!!
Tokes Take on Style is 2 Years Old!!
Celebrate by entering the Tokes Take on Style Anniversary Giveaway for a Chance to Win a $100 Macy’s e-Gift Card!
Go to bit.ly/TokesGiveaway
Steal this Look:
Shorts: same in different color here; similar here and here | Top: old via Asos.com; similar here and here | Shoes: old via Macys.com; similar here and here | Sunglasses: here | Clutch: old; similar here and here