Hello beauties! Hope you had a great weekend!! Mine was cray cray! In-laws were around so busy running around and then we had an open house so that just made things more complicated. After Church, had to go kill time lol, which was a pain with the girls in tow repeating how they wanted to go home. For a good cause lol so let’s hope we sell the house soon so that’s one less thing on the brain! Anyhoo, while Fall is my favorite season, I do enjoy Summer fashion because the layers are fewer and one can wear shorts and such. Today’s post features an easy go-to summer style for work piece. I’m also sharing some other ideas for what to wear to work in the Summer so read on for some inspo:
Summer Style for Work: Do Try the Following:
- Belt for a different look
- Use a metallic belt as a neutral
- Add a pop of color through your shoes or a nice bright bag
- Layer with a sweater or blazer if your office is cold
- Belt to cinch that waist/mix things up
- Wear a scarf as a choker for an added touch
- You can wear as a top by layering a skirt over the dress
- Get more inspo/see more looks from this shoot here
- Yellow is actually still in this season so don’t be afraid to get some lemonade in your life with a cute yellow sheath dress. Check out this one for under $50 here!
- Layer with a shrug or sweater for that cold office air!
- Pair with pumps or sandals
- You can also rock over jeans on a Friday if the dress is above the knee. See here for inspo.
- For some oomph, try a fun print versus just a plain colored one.
- Ruffles are also in so try a dress with ruffles for some added flair.
- Great for pairing with skirts, pants or jeans on casual Fridays
- Play around with colors, prints and fabric. For example, try a sheer/see-through top that you can wear a tank or tube top underneath
- Wear tucked in, tucked out with a belt…Sky is the limit in terms of options! Check out this post and this one for inspo.
- Pink is one of the season’s hottest colors so why note get a sleeveless top in a pink or blush hue!?
- Classic colors like black or nude/tan will always be in style but get out of your comfort zone!
- Try metallic shoes as a neutral. In this post, I opted for silver block heels (Block heels are also in style so get a pair!
- If you want the exact pair I’m wearing or another pair, get them here (currently on sale for $23.99) PLUS get 20% off with code SHOPIPPO!
Would love to hear from you. What is your favorite summer go-to office outfit?? Sound off in comments below.
As always, thanks so much for dropping by! Really appreciate it. Do me a favor and tell your good girlfriend about the site too, please! Here’s to a fab week ahead!
Get this Look:
Dress: sold out via asos.com; similar here and here | Shoes: here; currently on sale for $23.99 PLUS get 20% off with code SHOPIPPO! |Bag: Gucci; similar here for $20!! and here | Belt: here | Sunglasses: Prada; similar here