Hello beauties!! If you haven’t tried Rent the Runway, you should give it a try! I wanted a cute dress for my husband’s 40th birthday house party. Something cute and fun that would befit a hostess aiming for a classy look. I viewed lots and lots of dresses and eventually chose a pretty blue and black number by Nicole Miller. I got tons of compliments all night and I didn’t regret my choice! Here’s my quick and dirty review with some fast facts if you’re wondering what it is and why you should give it a try. Let’s go:
What’s Rent the Runway?
- Fashion site with boutiques in several cities that allows you to rent designer clothes and accessories for that special occasion: think wedding; baby shower; holiday party; bridal shower; date night; family photo session; birthday party; weekend getaway…You get the picture!
How does it Work?
- You visit renttherunway.com or one of their physical locations, look for a dress and then select the date range you need it for.
- You will be told whether the dress is available or not.
- Prices vary…You can find a dress for anywhere from less than $50 to over $100…You decide what your budget is!
- You add it to your shopping cart and you’re good to go!
- Usually, they’ll ask if you want to add an accessory: jewelry; belt; purse…
- You need to create an account, of course!
- Once you complete the checkout process, you get a confirmation email.
- All you have to do is wait for your dress to ship the day before the date you need it! Done!
- If there are any reviews and photos from other users, read them and look at pics!
- The reviews are super helpful.
- It’s usually advisable to reserve two dresses.
- That way, you have a backup in case the sizing is off.
- Reviews help figure out when you need to size up and down.
- For example, the reviews for the dress I rented said to size up so I got two sizes and it was a great decision!
Avoid Paying a Late Fee:
- You’ll get a reminder from Rent the Runway about when you need to mail your dress back.
- Make sure you return it on the designated day!
- If you don’t, you’ll get hit with a $50 late fee and we all know not a good idea to pay more when you don’t need to!
- You simply repackage in the garment bag it’s sent it, you insert the shipping card in the appropriate slot and you drop it off at a UPS location
Yes to Rent the Runway:
- If you’re looking for that special knockout dress or outfit (they have tops and bottoms too) for a night out or an event or weekend getaway, then I’d say it’s worth it!
- For me, I love the convenience factor!
- Plus, the local stores also have sales every now and then where you can actually buy items from their collection at discounted prices.
That’s it, ladies! My quick Rent the Runway review. Would love to hear from you! Have you ever tried it? Would you be willing to give a try given above? Check out more pictures from the birthday party below and stay fabulous, okay?!
Thanks as always and don’t be a stranger!