Hello beauties. Happy Friday eve! Hopefully, you’ve had a short first new year’s week like most of us. One of my sister-in-laws had to go back to work on Monday so I felt her pain. I went back on Tuesday and even that was hard lol but it’s a short week, so woo hoo and all that! Can’t even complain. Anyhoo, today’s post features an easy work ensemble: a plaid skirt and a feminine blouse.
Plaid reminds me of the 90’s…You know, plaid shirts tied around the waist with combat boots?! Yeah, if I showed up to work in that ensemble, somehow I don’t think that would go over too well! But if that works at your job, I’m jealous! The good thing about investing in a plaid skirt is that you know plaid is a fall/cold weather staple. It will ALWAYS be in style so it’s a good work horse to have in your closet. Easiest ways to rock:
Pair with a Plain-Colored Top:
- Super easy! Pick a color, any color from one of the plaid stripes on the skirt and wear a top in that color.
Mix with another Print:
- If you’re up for a challenge or want to get extra sophisticated with it, pair the plaid skirt with a print top.
- The key to mixing prints is picking a color that’s common to both prints/can be found in both prints. For example, since green is a primary color on my plaid skirt, I could pick say a floral print that has that same shade of green.
- Not that difficult, right?
Jazz up your Look with Belts & Accessories:
- This skirt actually has belt loops and came with it’s own belt.
- If your’s comes with a belt, you can wear it with that belt or do what I did=substitute.
- I replaced the belt to further elevate the look.
Top Off with a Nice Coat:
- For a cool fall day, a moto or leather jacket would look really cute with this ensemble.
- A leather jacket also adds a nice edgy contrast.
- For colder days, try a wool coat like the peacoat I’m rocking in today’s post.
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Shop the look below plus, would love to hear from you! Are you a fan of plaid?
As always, thanks so much for stopping by! Don’t be a stranger!! Check back tomorrow for a post featuring some of my favorite scents.
Recreate the Look:
Skirt: sold out on Asos.com; similar: Shoptiques.com | Top: old via Ideel.com; similar: H&M.com | Boots: sold out via Dorothy Perkins.com; similar: Asos.com | Tights: TJMaxx; similar: Uniqlo.com | Belt: Asos.com
Linking with these beauties: