Hello beauties. How’s your week going?? Mine has been fast and furious but I am not complaining at all! I can’t believe it’s Thursday already and speaking of “I can’ts,” heard a Christmas jingle on TV so had to look up. Saw my very first Christmas-themed commercial!! LOL Loco! Anyhoo! I’m a huge fan of black and white outfits. While a black and white ensemble is always classic and timeless, there are different ways to liven it up for fall. Read on for fall fashion – black and white edition!
Start with the Details
- I paired a white top with a sheath dress.
- But it wasn’t just any ole white top! I opted for a white top with lace detailing.
- The lace gives the top some oomph and immediately elevates the outfit.
- You have other options! Think ruffles, bowtie tops, bell sleeves.
- Those sorts of details can take what would normally be a simple “white top” to a different level.
Build on That…With Accessories
- In addition to the lace top, I went with a layer of gold necklaces.
- Gold jewelry, whether real or faux, puts a premium stamp on any ensemble.
- Layering adds an interesting layer (PUN INTENDED) so think of necklaces you already have, that vary in length and get to layering, girl!
Finish with a Belt + Booties
- I always say ANYONE can belt. Yes, anyone! Regardless of your size.
- Belts add structure not to mention they help define and cinch that waist.
- While I opted for a black belt, you can go bold with say, a metallic belt.
- Complete the look with a nice pair of black booties and you’re done!
- Black booties give your look an unexpected edge and are a great alternative to say, a pair of pumps.
The Key to a New Twist on Classic Black and White:
- Think outside the box beyond the typical/usual!
- That way, you put a new spin on a classic:-)
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Check out another fun black and white outfit here.
Thanks so much for dropping by! Don’t be a stranger and stay fabulous out there! Here’s to a great weekend!
Dress: sold out via Next.com; similar: 6pm.com; Nordstrom.com | Top: sold out via Express.com; similar: Under $25 at Saksoff5th.com; Nordstromrack.com; Forever21.com | Belt: old via Asos.com; similar: Vincecamuto.com; Asos.com