Hello beauties. There are some days/weeks that are tougher than others. When it seems like even the most basic of things or situations is a lot more painful than it needs to be! This week, my friend, has been one of those for me. But I take comfort in the fact that it’s Thursday so that means the week is more or less done and I made it through without ending up on the news (and not in a positive way) lol Anyhoo, when I saw the yellow blouse and that burgundy skirt that I’m rocking in today’s post, both=a no-brainer for me! I got them during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale so I scored them at a deal and I’m going to rock the hell out of them for fall, oh-kay?! What? Why didn’t I share? I sure did. I had a post here and here so you could get them at that discount! Don’t blame me for not getting while the getting was good lol. Read on for how to style a yellow blouse for fall:
Styling a Yellow Blouse for Fall (Workwear):
- Don’t be scared! Play around with different colored bottoms!
- I paired this lovely yellow blouse with a burgundy skirt, which may have been unexpected.
- I completed the look with gold jewelry and accessories, including a gold belt.
- Start with other colors that complement yellow such as green.
- For fall, a nice, rich olive green would look great with a yellow blouse.
- In terms of shoes, pair with leopard print pumps or boots for a fun look.
- Complete the look with a leather or moto jacket. Done!
Photos by Oscar Merrida
Skirt: Snagged @ a great price during Nordstrom Half-yearly sale: Nordstrom.com; similar: Modcloth.com; TJmaxx.com | Top: Also a Nordstrom half-yearly sale pick: sold out on Nordstrom.com; similar: Modcloth.com; Asos.com | Shoes: old via myhabit.com; similar: Nordstromrack.com; Solesociety.com | Necklace: Rocksbox.com; use code TOKESTAKEONSTYLEXOXO to enjoy your first month free!
Inspiration Board & Alternatives: Yellow Blouse: Asos.com | Olive Skirt: Plus: Charlotterusse.com; Forever21.com; Uniqlo.com | Leopard Print Pumps: Stevemadden.com; Oldnavy.com; Amazon.com | Leopard Print Boots: SaksOff5th.com; Modcloth.com; Asos.com | Faux Leather Jacket: Yoox.com for less than $40!!
Re-Create the Looks: