Hello beauties. Happy Friday Eve!! How about your girl was off from work on Monday and yet I’m like where’s Friday? lol Packing in five days worth of work into four?! Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about lol Anyway, read on, for how to style a yellow dress for work.
Happiness is Wearing a Yellow Dress
- The key to pulling off a yellow dress is simply rocking it with confidence!
- Yellow is a fun, warm, happy color so what better color to wear to work!
- It’s an instant mood booster and will automatically light up any conference room you step into.
- The beauty of it is there are also different shades so if a sunflower, bright yellow is a bit much for you, go with a more muted shade like a mustard yellow or even a buttery yellow.
But What Type of Dress?
- You can’t go wrong with a sheath dress.
- They flatter all shapes & figures.
- Plus, they are classic, chic and professional.
- Any questions??
- You’ve got lots of pairing options.
- You can actually pair with bright colors like pinks such as the fuchsia color I chose
- Blue and red are other options that complement yellow. Even green!
- So think fuchsia, blue, red, green shoes, accents in your jewelry and accessories.
- For a bold look, don’t shy away from statement necklaces.
Photos by Oscar Merrida
- You know you don’t have to go bold, right?!
- If you’d like to tone down, that’s also an option.
- Opt for shoes in soft colors like cream, grey or even a dusty/rose pink.
- Earth tones also work well, so think brown, olive colored shoes or boots in the fall.
- There’s also good old black! Black is great for toning it down.
- For a softer look, pair your yellow dress with simple, chic jewelry. Think a drop gold necklace.
Would love to hear from you! Are you a fan or foe of yellow?? Yellow and dusty pink are actually “in” for fall so stay tuned for a cool weather take on yellow! Thanks for dropping by! Don’t be a stranger and have a fabulous weekend!
Outfit Deets: Dress: old via ideel.com; similar: Amazon.com; JCpenney.com; JCpenney.com | Shoes: sold out via DSW; similar: 6pm.com; Modcloth.com; Modcloth.com | Belt: Asos.com | Clutch: Gift from Stitchfix.com; similar: Amazon.com