Hello beauties. Happy Friday!!!! Check this out! Next week, the weather in the DMV is supposed to hit the ’70’s. No joke! Isn’t that something! That tells us it’s time to break out the spring gear. Never mind that the forecast for this weekend involves snow. Yeah, I know!! Ridiculous!! Anyhow, today’s post is a “what to wear in spring” feature with two EFFORTLESS looks you can try when the weather gets warmer.
LOOK 1: Bright Dress with Ruffles Paired with Lace-Up Sandals
- Feminine dresses and tops, think ruffles, romantic, Spanish influence…Are a trend this year so make sure you grab one! Also timeless…There are ruffled shirts I’ve had for years that I’m still rocking now lol
- A very easy breezy look for work is a pretty one in a bright hue like the Chartreuse green number I chose.
- Pairing with tan lace-up sandals add a bit of an edge to the outfit.
- I replaced the dress’s belt with one of my own.
- A neutral-colored jacket is the perfect addition when you’re stepping out on those cool spring mornings or when heading from desk to dinner or drinks.
LOOK 2: Wear a Dress as a Top and Pair with an A-Line Pastel Zig Zag Striped Skirt
- I’m fond of rocking a dress as a top! It’s sooo easy and a fun way of getting more wear out of your clothes!
- For this look, I paired the dress from look 1 with a pastel zig-zag striped skirt.
- Pastels are of course, a nice spring must-have.
- Like I’ve said before, stripes aren’t going anywhere anytime soon (Missed my post last week featuring a stripes roundup? Check it out here.)
- Mashing up those 2 trends=pastels + stripes=what I call killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol
- I added a blush belt to cinch the waist and completed the look with a pair of block heeled sandals.
These 2 looks are easy to replicate, don’t you think?? Would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think about these.
Outfit deets are below. Thanks for dropping by! Don’t be a stranger, xoxo!